1.19.2012

Simple Friday's: Kitchen Lighting

Hello friends! Can I just say I am happy it's Friday...how about you?  Any big plans?
Well I've been tinkering in the kitchen these past couple of days with the overhead
lighting over the kitchen sink.  I've had my eye on these recessed lighting conversion kits 
in the Ballard Design catalogs, but the price kept me from ordering.  
However, I've seen a couple blogs recently who have used this kit from 
Lowe's for $20.00 so off to Lowe's I went.    

The kit was easy to assemble, but did have a little help 
from hubby, thanks!

Before: plain recessed light, boring...sorry I took the picture 
after I took the light out. I was a little excited to get started.

Ok, here's the story. I had my heart set on using a 
drum shade, but to be able to use this one I had to turn it upside
down. The reason why is the light bulb, it sticks out and is over
powering. With flipping it over the light bulb still shows somewhat, 
but the light projects up. It really does provide great overhead lighting
we need and looks better than the recessed light we had.  
Hubby gave it two thumbs up, SCORE! 

Then I got to thinking, maybe I should try a pendant light like they
suggest on the package. Went  back to Lowe's and of course I like
the most expensive one $14. I brought it home, put it up right away, and 
there you go...I'm just not feeling it.

Now we're talking, look at that fabric. I picked this up 
the other day at Hancock Fabric's for 50% off. Love a sale!
 My thoughts were to use this on my drum shade, humm...... 

DSC_0362
Pure inspiration!

Can you say love?


Which one do you like, would love to hear from you...

I'll be back soon with the new overhead lighting!! 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love that fabric too that you picked. have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good ties in nicely with your space.

    well done.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I love interacting so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks for hanging with me