11.30.2011

Red touch up

I am finishing up getting out all of my Christmas decorations and just love this piece. 
However, overtime the red foamy berries tend to break off and leave it
looking a little unfinished trashy worn. Is that the word I am looking for? 
You know what I mean, but I have a solution.



This is what is looks like, see the broken berries where the white is exposed.

Another view, isn't the pine cone so pretty?


Red nail polish to the rescue! I picked out this red in my daughter's nail polish stash and it was 
almost a perfect match, but it doesn't have to be...use what you have.  I painted over all of
the broken berries and it worked like magic.  It's looking brand new again, love it! 

For now I have it on my sofa table behind the sofa in the family room. 

I'm off to work in Chicago for a couple of days-

4 comments:

  1. good idea! I usually cut those ones off! lol. I am a huge fan of this type with the pinecones and berries. I just think it's such a pretty display for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart! I have berries that are chipped but never thought of using nail polish. Thanks for such a great idea!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, this is such a smart idea! I have the same broken type of broken berries and I keep angling them away from main focus. I will be touching them up with red nail polish for sure.

    Thanks for the amazing tip!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. I love interacting so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks for hanging with me